Brake Lining / Friction Materials
Global Friction Products offers a complete line of friction materials for Cranes, Shovels, Draglines, Clamshell Equipment, Mining Hoist, Logging Equip., Dredges, Winches, Boat Clutches/Brakes, Deep Mine Equipment, Foreign Industrial Equipment.
Global Friction Products offers, rigid molded blocks, keylock blocks, drilled blocks (rivets or bolts), molded arced slabs, flat sheets, grooved molded, flat circles, lining kits, expander tube style blocks, brass keeper strips, brass bolts, and rivets.
Industrial Brakes, Blocks and Slabs
Slabs - Blocks, Flat Sheets, Flat Circles
8" Drum Diameter 1/4: Thick to 220" Drum Diameter - 4" Thick Fully Cured
Flat Sheets 1/4: to 4" Thick • Circles 1/4" to 1-1/4" Thick Fully Cured Larger
Drum Diameters Available Upon Request
Rigid Molded Blocks (RF Material)
- Premium products
- Low wear
- Low abrasion
- Wide range of friction levels
- Excellent fade resistance
- Smooth, consistent friction
- Heavy duty industrial brakes & shoe clutch applications
- Numerous formulations available
- Examples of use: overhead cranes, hoists & winches, tension control devices, mining equipment, crane & shovel bands
Molded Special Shapes
- Almost unlimited shapes are available including integrally-molded disc pads
- Tolerances can be maintained to eliminate machining
- Metallic inserts can be incorporated into molding
- Available with special grooves, slots, tapered shapes and with unique internal & external configurations
- Examples of use: construction and mining machinery, punch presses, rewinders, printing presses, magnetic clutches and brakes
Rigid Molded Flat Sheet Products
- For emergency repairs & small quantity requirements
- Flat shapes can be saw cut to fit original part quickly & easily
- RF material is available in 1/8" and up thickness, in standard 20" square slab and 30" square slab
- 230-AF, 725, 240-OR and GGA available in 1/8" through 3/8" thickness in standard sheet sizes of 20" x 60" and 30" square
Flexible Heavy Duty Woven Products
- High static friction
- Easy to stock rolls of needed widths & thickness
- For relining internal & external flexible full wrap band applications
- From 1 1/2'' wide to 20" wide
- Thickness 3/16" to 1 1/4"
- Buy by the roll or cut to length
- We can install on brake bands or clutches
- Examples of use: oil drill rigs, mine winches, mooring winches, elevators
Folded & Compressed FNC
Material Use: Non-Asbestos Folded & Compress Material is used for cranes, hoists, graders, shovels and other applications for industrial brakes.
Material Description: Global Friction Product's folded and compressed industrial brake lining is made using multiple folds of heavy fiber cloth. The brake linings are reinforced with fine gauge brass wire, cured and bonded with an exclusive GFP heat - resistant binder under high pressure.
|Coefficient of Friction:
|% Weight Loss:
|% Thickness Loss:
|Maximum Service Temperature:
|Maximum Service Pressure:
Sizes Available: Widths ranging from 1" to 24" in fractional increments to your specs: thickness 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1".
Lengths: Rolls up to 50 feet.
Flexible Molded Roll Linings
- General purpose materials
- Medium friction level
- Good fade resistance
- Good wear characteristics
- The only molded roll linings with high tensile strength
- For relining internal or external shoes or bands when rigid arced blocks of correct size are not available
- Also for flexible full wrap band applications where use of shorter rigid segments is not acceptable
- Easy to stock rolls of needed widths and thickness & cut to size
- Examples of use: crane & shovel bands, overhead crane shoes, punch press brakes, hoisting equipment, farm machinery, commercial fishing boats